September 19, 2015

As I child I knew of a man who's tall as can be,
He made out of shadows and darkness,
He greets me in my my room at night,
He stands in front on my bed, or he sits on the edge always watching me.
He reads and tells me stories about a land far away,
Of a place better than the life I live.
He tells me secrets on how to get their.
Some of the secrets are sad...some are.scary, but never happy.
He ask me to give him my hand to take me to the far away land.
I'm scared I tell him no, I'm too small to get away.
He tries to pick me up from my bed but I hide in my blankets,
He can't get me from under my blanket but he does not leave my side.
I humm until the sun comes out because that's when he is really gone.
The sun is his weakness but he will return the next night.
He visits me every evening and every night,
I know he's there, he's always watching me.
But he never bothers me.
He whispers in my ears and waits to see if I a wake and turn to him.
But I never do, he has placed fear in me.
He always watches me and I always pretend to be asleep.
He won't leave me, he has made sure...he'll take me to the place far away.
Even if I like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment